It's fast approaching so we have gathered our top tips to help you get ball ready.
1. THE DRESS - Like DUH. Gone are the days of getting dresses made out of two tone shiny satin fabric, midriff on show and long to the ground. The times have changed. Now the days of buying off the rack is acceptable. From the likes of Sass and Bide to Zimmermann your parents spending hundreds of dollars on a dress is said to be the norm.
Alas - Parents can fret no more. Designer hire is a thing. Top labels at affordable prices. Wear once and send back. No more looking longingly at wasted money hanging in the closet never to be worn again. I mean you could sell online to get less than half of the original money paid.
So check it out with some many designer hire platforms out there you options are endless. We recommend treasureboxx...
2. THE MAKE-UP - As youtube continues to grow most girls or friends of friends out their hands up to do their own make up or help out . I don't blame you as I am sure that spending hundreds on school balls wasn't what your parents has planned on.
Back when I was at school you matched the dress colour with the eyeshadow #roadhazzard #whatwerewethinking
Our tip. Make sure the make up is natural. Think 5 years down the track.
3. THE TAN - In my day - we tanned ourselves. With our hands. NO TANNING MITS. You had to make sure you tanned yourself a few days before to allow time for the tan to wash off your hands.
Now the preference is to get a spray tan. Standing naked in a disposable g-string baring all, fearing the fridge temperature tan. Our tip. If you are getting a tan from a Salon. Get a practice. Just in case you come out an undesirable colour - as there are no tips or tricks to remove a fresh tan than to wait it out.
Ohhh and make sure you exfoliate before you tan there is nothing worse than flakey tanned skin...
We recommend Sunescape or Bondi. We promise you wont turn out like a orange.
4. THE JEWELLERY - I never wore jewellery to any of the balls I attended. Maybe due to annoyance. Looking back now our dresses really spoke for themselves along side our makeup we really didn't need another element added.
With jewellery making a huge mark on fashion these days. So many trends currently on fashion catwalks, inspired by fashion bloggers and street style make sure your jewellery is on par with a ball not a trend. Our tip. As it's matching back to a ball style don't break the bank. Lovisa provides beautiful pieces at affordable prices so who cares if you wear it once.
5. THE DATE - Best advise we can give. Take a friend. You'll never regret it.